Governments and intelligence services are getting more deeply involved in social networks. Some states understood the potential and dangers earlier rather than later, while others are catching up fast. But that doesn’t really matter. In one way or another battle lines will be drawn in social media, there’ll be attacks and defense moves – often termed war. Do we need that? I don’t. …Continue reading
Here I’m presenting my List of the Five Main Issues Facing IT Security, in the broad sense of the term. I should say straight away that I don’t have prescriptions for solving all five issues. The aim of this post is more to identify the problems, let you start to muse on them, and hopefully draw you into the fold of their ongoing discussion by raising your interest, empathy and/or sympathy!Continue reading →
Many Facebook users lack knowledge and experience about how to protect themselves in the social networking environment, which has made the situation worse. Facebook appeals to new Internet users who often lack the computer savvy to identify online threats, and the most vulnerable segment of the audience — kids — have little life experience required to make reasonable decisions. Because of this, I believe Facebook needs to enhance the security and privacy features of its site so the problems don’t escalate out of control. With the help of my colleagues, here are seven key recommendations I believe will make Facebook a safer place …Continue reading →
- RT @kasperskyuk: .@e_kaspersky will be a key-note speaker at this year’s #MobileWorldCongress discussing connected vehicles: https://t.co/M…│ 19 hours ago
- RT @RidT: NCA arrested suspected "Telekom-Hacker," a Brit, at London airport for "grave computer sabotage," German Federal Police report—li…│ 3 days ago
- I do a lot of business travels. And I hate PAs in the airplanes. Here my micro-rant on that: kas.pr/HgK5│ 3 days ago
My Flickr Photostream
- Kaspersky Lab Developing Its Own Operating System? We Confirm the Rumors, and End the Speculation! October 16, 2012
- What Wired Is Not Telling You – a Response to Noah Shachtman’s Article in Wired Magazine July 25, 2012
- SOPA-Dodger. December 6, 2011
- Back from the dead: the original virus writers. March 1, 2013
- MDM: Mobile Discipline Mastery. February 26, 2013
- Obama: patents patently barmy. February 21, 2013
- dailytut: Wonderful piece. Mobiles these days are definitely...
- Angel Aldana: Reblogged this on Seguridad en las TICs and commen...
- Angel Aldana: Reblogged this on Seguridad en las TICs....
'We are close, very close, to cyber terrorism. Perhaps already the criminals have sold their skills to the terrorists - and then...oh, God.' ... more
'It's a challenge interviewing Eugene Kaspersky – and I've done it a few times. You come prepared with a list of questions, but he doesn't answer any of them. At least not in the way you expect or want.' ... more
'Believe it or not, my primary concern is making the world a cleaner place. Money is important; but if I do my job well, that will take care of itself.' ... more